Dog Boarding KennelsRead more
Bulgaria’s Albena to invest 130M leva in upgrading resort
The Albena company is to invest more than 130 million leva (about 66.4 million euro) in upgrading the Bulgarian Black Sea resort over the next five years.
The executive director of the joint stock company, Krassimir Stanev, said that projects that already had been prepared included the building of an Olympic-size outdoor swimming pool, a tennis centre, and the reconstruction of the promenade, hotels, cultural and information centre, bazaar, bowling alley and other facilities.
The resort, about 35km north of Bulgaria’s largest Black Sea city Varna, was purpose-built by the communist government of the time in the 1960s and was reserved then largely for the use of foreign tourists.
Stanev said that it was hoped that the resort would have a new look by the time it celebrated its 50th anniversary.
He said that interest among Western tour operators was increasing and it was expected that in 2016 and 2017, this would compensate for the decline in Russian tourists.
source – www.sofiaglobe.com
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Thomson and First Choice unveil Varna as destination for Summer 2018 - 30/04/2017
- Announced tenders for rental in Kranevo beaches and camping South - 29/03/2017
- Kranevo expecting over 30 000 to Festival of Sprat - 29/03/2017
- easyJet to start flights from Bulgaria’s Varna in 2017 - 15/12/2016
- Wizz Air announces 27th base in Varna, Bulgaria - 15/12/2016